Sunday 1 January 2012

Steamboat at Jpot (vivocity) and Tan Yoto (Liang court)

I am hereby writing this post to recommend 2 steamboat restaurant that I have went recently. The first one is Tan Yoto (谭鱼头)@ Liang court and the second one is Jpot @ vivo city.
website: http://www.jpot.com.sg/
A few weeks ago, I had bought a deal at http://www.deal.com.sg/ for a steamboat set for 2 at discounted price. I had wanted to try this steamboat for quite some time until this fascinating deal caught my eyes. Upon reaching, we choose 2 soup base which are the tomato and ma la soup base. The tomato soup base was very special as it was my first time trying it. Personally, I find the tomato soup base very appetising. There is one corner where you can mix and match the different ingredients to make up the sauce. For that, I feel there are a lack of variety of ingredients compare to the Jpot and the sauce is not that outstanding too. The set consist of beef, fish, vermicelli-like noodle, bean curd skin, wu xiang, pan cake and enoki mushroom. In addition, I ordered a 4 treasure meat ball from the ala-carte menu. As a whole, the food is fresh and with the food cooked in the tomato soup base, the taste was much enhanced. The restaurant also serve late night supper buffet around 30+. Please call to make reservation to avoid disappointment. One more plus point for this restaurant is they provide disposable apron so as to avoid dirtying the clothing.

Mala and Tomato soup base

4 treasure hand made ball

Fresh sliced fish

Enoki mushroom

Handmade sauce by me

Wu Xiang (complimentary)

Bean curd skin

A special noodle which taste like vermicelli

pan cake

Beef (My favourite)


The second one will be the Jpot (Jumbo Branch) located at vivo city. I went there as there are promotion for standard chartered credit card. I will recommend people to try this ala carte steamboat, however is a bit pricey but definitely worth it. There are a few soup base to choose from. I choose clear soup and June BB choose Bak Ku Teh soup. The Bak Ku Teh soup is very pepperish. (slightly below expectations). I love the place where you can mix your own sauce for the food. You can choose from a variety of ingredients like parsely, garlic, soya sauce and many more. I ordered some ala carte dishes from the menu. The food itself is nice and is fresh. If you like steamboat, definitely you must not miss this 2 places. http://www.jpot.com.sg/index.html

sauce by me




handmade meatball
beef
Hand made meatball

No comments:

Post a Comment