Friday 4 November 2011

dinner at momiji buffet

Last thursday, June BB and me went to momiji @ city square mall for a dinner buffet. It was located at farrer park mrt station. (purple line) It was a voucher bought from G market and each person cost $15. It was a sweet deal. The concept is quite similar to sakura international buffet. There are plenty of variety of foods to choose from. Sashimi (salmon, tuna, prawn, mussel and scallop), appetiser, cooked food, sushi, tempura and dessert, drinks and etc. I love the sushi variety although when you are on a buffet, you are suppose not to eat too many sushi which will make you full easily. The salmon was fresh and the appetisers in the cute squarish bowl were nice except the cha soba. The cooked food were slow and the the taste is average. I did not try the tempura as I need to save some space for my dessert. The mochi was very chewy and the jelly was awesome. Afterall, it is a good place to hangout for a weeday dinner as you can have a variety of japanses food at affordable price. I will not recommend for a weekend dinner as the price is a bit high and definitely it is going to be long queue for the cooked food. I can say 我赚到了 as i spent $15 to try so many different kind of japanese food. haha. Look out for more deals at http://www.deal.com.sg/ or big deal or groupon. Sometime, there are a lot of good deals.
Top left (Smoked duck with tomato and blueberry), octopus and some shell fish and cha soba
Salmon, tuna, squid, mussel, octopus and prawn
A lot of sushi (My favourite)
Lala
cooked beef
Chawamushi, dim sum and beef again
cooked salmon
cooked scallop
bacon with asparagus
http://www.sukigroup.com.sg/suki/momiji.htm
Last Sunday, I went town for shopping and I bought a cake from PS cafe at paragon. It was a carrot cake. There is a charity going on till 31st october for NUH kids heart fund. Numerous restaurants participated and PS cafe was one of them. The slice of cake cost 9.90++. For every slice of cake sold, $5 will be donated to the fund. Find out more at http://www.sweetcharitymonth.com/


Best carrot cake I tried. OMG! thumbs up. really nice! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment