Tuesday 21 July 2015

Hong Kong street chun tat kee @ balestier area

Recently, I am looking for nice zhi char in Singapore. I am sure there are many around especially in neighbourhood area. This time, I went to balestier area opposite the famous Boon Tong Kee chicken rice for dinner. The name was called Hong Kong street Chun Tat Kee. My colleague give good review and brought us there again. We were excited about how good the food and spotted queue outside on a weekday dinner. So what about weekend? sure long queue I supposed. We ordered three crabs cooked in 3 different styles: salted egg yolk, chilli crab and claypot with thick bee hoon. I preferred the salted egg yolk and chilli style. We also ordered 虾酱鸡 and 尤鱼蕹菜 and lastly 月光河粉. The Har Cheong Gai was crispy and fragrant. Cuttlefish with kang kong is very nice and the sauce is good. As for the moon Hor fun, there is wok hei taste so it was good as well. There are many dishes to try at the restaurant so definitely I will return again.  Most importantly, this place is wallet friendly and this meal with drinks cost less than $200.  










No comments:

Post a Comment